Bali Indonesia has a population of just under four million and is a volcanic island lying between Java and Lombok. The country has 33 provinces with a capital province of Denpasar and is over 90% Hindu with the remainder following Islam.
Many years ago Bali was a sleepy fishing island but now it's a tourist holiday destination, drawing very large numbers and is renowned for its bali dance, bali wood sculpture, bali stone craft, bali painting and bali music.
Bali Indonesia is a tropical paradise with white sandy beaches lined with palm trees and a temperature around 30 degress. The best months to holiday to bali are April to October and the monsoon season is from November till March which is wet and windy. The best Bali Beaches to visit are Kuta Beach, Legian Beach, Seminyak Beach, Sanur Beach and Nusa Dua Beach.
Bali Indonesia Island Facts:
- Bali Resides 9 Degrees south of the Equator.
- Capital City Denpasar.
- Bali Island is around 5,632.86 Square Kilometres.
- Average Temperature is 30 Degrees.
- Humidity averages 85%.
- The cultural heart of bali is ubud.
- Bali specializes in Bali Dance, Bali Wood Craft, Bali Clothes, Bali Music, Bali Stone work and Bali Painting.
- Bali has white sanding beaches south of the island and black volcanic sandy beaches on the north, east and west of the island.
- The languages spoken are Balinese, Indonesian and English.
- Tourist Beaches are Kuta Beach, Legian Beach, Seminyak Beach, Sanur Beach and Nusa Dua Beach.
- Small Bali islands are Nusa Penida, Nusa Ceningan, Nusa Lembongan, and Serangan Island.
- Bali has four lakes being Lake Beratan, Lake Buyan, Lake Tamblingan, Lake Batur.
- Some Bali Festivals are Galungan, Nyepi, Saraswati and Arts Festival.
- Eight Bali Regencies being Badung, Gianyar, Karangasem, Buleleng, Jembrana, Tabanan, Klungkung and Bangli.
Bali Cuisine is Indonesian cuisine and is a must to try in Bali Indonesia. Popular dishes are Nasi Goreng, Sate, Mie Goreng, Soto Ayam, Bebek Betutu and Ayam Goreng.
You can get all sorts of indonesian cuisine recipes books in Bali and also learn about the indonesian cuisine history. Of course you can get any type of international food you might desire in the island from Japanese, Italian to McDonalds and KFC.
Bali Dance is an integral part of Bali Culture. You can see Dance Bali Performance all over the island for a minor fee and the Dance of Bali are an expression of the balinese devotion to their gods.
Look for the kecak dance bali (bali kecak dance) and the barong dance bali (bali barong dance). Well known Balinese dances include pendet, legong, baris, topeng, barong, gong keybar, and kecak otherwise known as the monkey dance.